The Bangladesh Integrated Food Policy Research Program is designed to meet the food policy needs of a growing Bangladesh.
- Lawrence Haddad, Executive Director, Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
- Shenggen Fan, Director General, IFPRI
- Kym Anderson, Professor of Economics at the University of Adelaide and Australian National University, and IFPRI board chair
- Holger A. Kray, Head of the World Bank’s Africa Agricultural Policy Unit
- David Laborde Debucquet, Senior research fellow, IFPRI
- Pedro Martel, Chief for the environment, rural development, and disaster risk management division at Inter-American Development Bank
- Anne O. Krueger, Senior research professor of international economics at Johns Hopkins University
- Shenggen Fan, Director general at IFPRI
COP22 in Marrakech took over the reins from COP21 during which important progress was made. It focused on action items in order to achieve the priorities of The Paris Agreement, especially related to adaptation, transparency, technology transfer, mitigation, capacity building and loss and damages. For Salaheddine Mezouar, President of COP22, this conference was an “opportunity to make the voices of the most vulnerable countries to climate change heard, in particular African countries and island states. It is urgent to act on these issues linked to stability and security,” he declared. COP22 was designated as one of action.
Irrigation is important in Tanzania to deal with the erratic rainfall, especially in the context of climate change. Irrigation can minimize frequent food shortages that are attributable to dependence on rainfall, and increase yields. However, to do this…
Welcome and Introductions
- Kerri Wright Platais, program head for scientific and technical partnerships in Africa, IFPRI.
Transformative potential of big data and technology: Leveraging CGIAR data (Presentation)
- Kerri Wright Platais, program head for…
The agriculture sector working group of the donor consortium – Livelihoods and Food Security Trust Fund (LIFT) in collaboration with the Center for Economic and Social Development (CESD), International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), and the Michigan…
On October 6, 2016, IFPRI director general Dr. Shenggen Fan welcomed Dr. Wolfgang Jamann to IFPRI’s Washington headquarters. Dr. Jamann is Secretary General and CEO of Geneva-based CARE International Federation. During their meeting, the two leaders signed a…
Welcome Remarks: Shenggen Fan, Director General, IFPRI
Keynote Address: Kanayo Nwanze, President, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
- Fazle Hasan Abed, Founder and Chairperson, BRAC
- Wolfgang Jamann, Secretary General and CEO, CARE International
- Kathy Spahn, President and CEO, Helen Keller International
Moderator: Catherine Bertini, Professor of Public Administration and International Affairs, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse University
Closing Remarks: Shenggen Fan, Director General, IFPRI
The first ever visit of FAO Director-General to IFPRI’s headquarters in Washington last week celebrated four decades of rich partnership that has generated cutting-edge technical knowledge and enhanced expertise for supporting food security and improved…
A meeting was held in Washington, D.C. (July 19-21, 2016) sponsored by the Scientific and Technical Partnerships in Africa Program, hosted at IFPRI and supported by IFAD, in partnership with the CGIAR research program on Policies, Institutions and Markets (PIM…
The Center for Strategic & International Studies (CSIS) Global Food Security Project and University of California, Davis invites you to "Water for Food Security: A Vital Resource to Feed the Planet".
- Stuti Khemani, Senior Economist, World Bank
- Raymond C. Offenheiser, President and CEO, Oxfam America
- Ruth Meinzen-Dick, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
World Water Week, organized by the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI), is the annual focal point for the globe's water issues.
This year's theme, "Water for Sustainable Growth", will focus on the inclusive use of this important resource for…
- Dr. Zaw Oo, executive director, Centre for Economic and Social Development (CESD), Myanmar
- Justin Finnegan, deputy assistant to the administrator, USAID
- Maximo Torero, division director of markets, trade and institutions at IFPRI
- Paul Dorosh, division director of development strategy and governance at IFPRI
- Shenggen Fan, director general at IFPRI