AGRODEP is pleased to announce the continuation of the AGRODEP Award for Excellence in Publication. The objective of this initiative is to provide an incentive for, and to reward excellent publications by AGRODEP members in top ranking academic journals.
This initiative will increase members’ visibility both within and outside of Africa and contribute to AGRODEP’s overall policy impact.
AGRODEP members can apply for this award upon publishing on a top ranking academic journal as specified in award guidelines. The application procedure is simple: members submit their publication and an application to the AGRODEP management team. If multiple AGRODEP members co-author a paper, each member can receive an award so long as an application is submitted by each person. In addition, submissions must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have submitted a link to their Google Scholar Citation page.
- Applicants must have been members of AGRODEP for a minimum of one year.
- Applicants must have been active in the AGRODEP network within the last year. This includes participation in training courses, grant calls, etc.
- The paper must have been published in 2015.
- The paper must have been published during the applicant's AGRODEP membership tenure.
The award differs based on the ranking of the academic journal where the publication appears and is given per publication rather than per author.
- 3,000 US$ for a publication in an A* ranked journal
- 1,500 US$ for a publication in an A ranked journal
- 500 US$ for a publication in a B ranked journal
- 250 US$ for a publication in a C ranked journal
You can find a full list of Journal rankings for this AGRODEP Award.
In addition to the award, for each publication, AGRODEP will organize an outreach/communication event to inform policy-makers, NGOs, media, and public opinion about the policy conclusions of that particular research. The outreach/communication event is decided by the management team in consultation with the Co-Chairs of the AGRODEP Steering Committee. This will be done in order to ensure that the publication has a policy impact.
To apply for this award, please fill out this online application form.